Monday, August 18, 2008

16 Days to go!

16 days to go until I'm home for my visit and Amy and Kyle's Wedding!! Very exciting!

This weekend was pretty low key. Actually this last week was filled with quite a bit of drinking and that is why the weekend was so low key!! Wednesday night was another March interns b-day so we had to head out to a pub near our apartment. Thursday night was Christy's leave drinks. Christy is the September intern that I have been working with for the past 4 months. Her last day is tomorrow (August 19th) and then she will be going on a two week cruise to Spain, Portugal and Italy with her mom before heading back home to the USA. Once she's back home she will start working for BGC in New York, so I will still be able to harass her! So Thursday night we drank for her! Friday night Tanya, Eleni (Tanya's friend who's visiting) and I found a cheap place to drink near the Mountbatten office and pretty near our apartment. £2 pints all night long! It's hard to beat that!

So since I drank more this last week then I have the last month, I decided to take it easy for the rest of the weekend (And I'm VERY low on cash and we don't get paid until Aug. 28th).

We also found out our new room situation for the next sixth months. So the previous interns were able to pick the three people that they wanted to live with and they got their requests. However, Mountbatten decided that they were not going to make anyone happy this time around. We were allowed to make our requests but they were mostly ignored. Tanya and I requested to room together and then share a flat with Candace and Teresa (we have 2 bedroom apartments for 4 people). Mountbatten decided that they were going to let Tanya and me room together and stay in our apartment; however, they put Candace and Teresa in the apartment next to us with Seamus and Todd. We are now going to be living with 2 Indian males, Avinash and Jayanth. And the funny thing that we found out over the weekend, was that Seamus and Todd actually requested to live with Avinash and Jayanth. So rather than letting us room together, they just put all of us next to the people that we wanted to live with. So it probably took more effort on their part to find two apartments next to each other!! I don't get Mountbatten sometimes! We were planning on switching everyone without telling Mountbatten, but 1 of the 8 wasn't comfortable with doing it. So I guess we'll see how it goes. I was hoping to live with people that I already knew for the last six months, but looks like that's not going to happen. Oh well, Tanya said that Avinash come to talk to her today at work (they both work at Deutsche Bank) and that he seemed nice. So that's good. I feel a little better now.

So Avinash and Jayanth will be moving into our apartment Saturday after 5pm. I am kind of excited that I don't have to move all of my stuff into another apartment though!!

I have a pretty busy week ahead. Tuesday and Wednesday I will be at the new interns orientation. I volunteered to help out with the orientation and I will be doing a presentation about cell phones. Very exciting!! Then Thursday I go back to work again and Thursday night is Emil's (another September intern's) leaving drinks. Then Friday is plain old work! However, I am looking forward to a four day work week next week!!! We have a bank holiday on Monday! Very exciting. Then the week after I have a 3 day work week and then I'll be home!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well and I look forward to seeing a lot of you in a couple of weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment