Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Switzerland, France & Germany

This past weekend I went to Basel, Switzerland for the Christmas Markets. It was a great trip! We stayed in Switzerland but since Basel is right on the border of France and Germany, we also visited those countries. On Saturday we went to Colmar, France to test out their Christmas Market. Colmar was a really cute medevial town and the markets were nice. However, the did not have gluhwein mugs (rather styrofoam cups), so I was a little dissapointed. It would have been cool to have 3 different mugs from 3 different countries. But the lack of a mug didn't stop me from drinking gluhwein and meandering through the Christmas stalls.

Saturday night we wandered around Basel and checked out their Christmas Market at night.

Sunday we woke up, checked out of the hostel and then headed to Freiburg, Germany. We drank some Gluhwein (and got a few mugs) and meandered around their Christmas Market. It was great! It even snowed a bit! After heading back to Basel we had some cheese fondue and then made our last stop at the Basel Christmas Market where we "cause" drank for some Basel Christmas Market mugs! It was challenging because the stalls essentially had the same mugs, but there were only a few mugs that had "2008" on them. We all definitely wanted one of those!

It was a nice and relaxing weekend. We got home late on Sunday and now I'm back at work :(

But I only have 3 1/2 more days left of work before heading home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to be home. Although I did see that the temperates are only in the single digits. Would appreciate a little heat up for when I'm home! The temperate in London has been in the 40s so don't know if I can handle below freezing again!!

Look forward to seeing as many of you as possible during the 2 weeks that I am home!

No comments:

Post a Comment