Saturday, April 25, 2009

Bangkok

Becker and I are no longer on the lovely island of Koh Tao, but are in the large city of Bangkok. It was rough leaving the island. I really got use to traveling, diving, relaxing and not thinking too much. So needless to say, I am not overly excited about starting my final MBA courses.

Our apartment in Bangkok is awesome. Its a studio apartment that I have all to myself (well I have to share it with Becker for another few days). Below are pics of the apartment and also the view of the city from the balcony. Make sure you don't miss the samurai swords on the shelves. Becker picked them up at the market today for $57!! What a deal! They are going to go into our "international room" once we actually stop traveling and can afford a house!







Becker will be staying here until Tuesday (April 28th) then he's heading back to Koh Tao to do a Dive Master course. I am a little jealous! We both loved diving so much and I think its a little unfair that Becker gets to go back and have fun learning more about diving while I'm learning about the boring world of business :( But by the end of this trip we will both have a Masters in something! So that's exciting! Can't say that the trip to Thailand was for nothing!

This last week consisted of orientation. I didn't learn anything too interesting! The Thai language stuff was the most interesting. The teacher and the other Thais in the room loved laughing at all of us as we tried to pronounce the words! It was hard not to laugh, half the words sound like noises rather than words!! But I now know a few phrases:

Sawat dii Kha - Greating - good morning/evening/afternoon

Sabaii dii mai Kha - how are you

Sabaii dii Kha - I'm fine

Today we went to the Chatuchak Weekend Market and found lots of cheap things!! I bought 3 skirts, 2 dresses, shoes and a purse and each was only about $5 (except for one dress, I splurged - it was $11). Becker also found some shirts, swim trunks and of course the samurai swords. It was fun!

The rest of the day I had to do some actual school work. Booooooo :( I don't wanna!

Well anyways. We're going to head to Tesco to find some food! See ya!

And pictures on shutterfly will be available soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment