Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Hey everyone!

Happy early Valentine's Day!! Wish everyone love and happiness!

I'm trying to think about what's happened since I wrote last!! Lets see . . .

We had our last weekend of class and I actually enjoyed it. It was our Personal Development unit and we talked about thinking happy thoughts and being happy with life. This actually went along with the movie that Tanya and I watched the Thursday night before the weekend of class. We watched The Secret which is all about self-fulfilling prophecies. Think positive and good things will happen to you. I had been so unhappy and angry that I really needed a change. The movie helped me find ways to adjust my happiness level. First thing at work on Friday morning, I created a "Vision Board" with pictures of things that make me happy and things that I want in my future (such as a wedding in the Dominican Republic with a pretty dress, a nice house with about 5 acres, a job that I enjoy - preferably at Cargill, etc). The Vision Board brightened up my day and it continues to. I have added to it since then, and its amazing how much lighter I feel now that I am thinking happy thoughts rather than the thoughts that were bringing me down.

Although we had our last weekend of class, we are still not officially done with the London MBA portion. We have one final 2,000-3,000 word paper to write. Its 1/3 on our personal development throughout our year in London, 1/3 on where we currently are and 1/3 on our future. Shouldn't be too bad. Just a bunch of B.S.!

This weekend Tanya is going home to New York for Valentine's day to see her boyfriend Mike. Saturday I'm going to a travel clinic to get my travel vaccinations, then Aaron and I are doing something around London (maybe going to the top of tower bridge or a museum, we'll figure it out eventually!), then I am going out for a Valentine's day dinner with Teresa and Carmen at Brick Lane (the street with a ton of Indian restaurants). Sunday I think I'm just going to go to the gym and do the aerobics class and then the circuit training class. The circuit training class is about 60 minutes of pure hell! But you feel wonderful afterwards! Its very similar to the functional training that I use to do during the off-season in college. Tanya also found somewhere for us to go in Bangkok for some tough workouts. Its boot camp style and only $171 for 3 months of unlimited classes. That's crazy. Most boot camp type classes at the gyms back home are closer to $400-600 a month. Definitely getting a deal!! The boot camp info is at the link below in case you're interested! www.fitcorpasia.com

Getting excited to be done with London!

Less than 4 weeks until mom, dad, Sandy, Kathy and Becker are here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment