So I am entering my final week of work!! It's a GREAT feeling!! I now only have 3 more days left. I can't wait for 5:30pm (12:30pm MN time!) on Thursday. I will be skipping my way out of the office building!!
This past weekend was pretty busy. Mom, dad, and aunties Kathy and Sandy arrived on Wednesday morning. They spent the day wandering around London until I met up with them at 6:30pm at my parent's favorite pub, The Crooked Surgeon. It was a little unfortunate that the pub changed ownership, so things were a little different, but good none the less. The pub is near Leicester Square and I had a pretty exciting walk from the tube station to the pub. As I was walking through Leicester Square there was a movie premier going on for Monsters vs Aliens. I quickly grabbed Sandy and we went to see if we could catch sight of Kieffer Sutherland or Reese Witherspoon. Unfortunately they had already passed by, but it was kind of fun anyways.
Thursday the Fam did the hop on/hop off bus tour while I ran some errands. That night we headed down to Canary Wharf where I work for leavings drinks for me and Max. I was planning on not drinking too much that night because I had to wake up early to go and pickup Becker from the airport, but its just really hard to say "no" when someone offers to buy you a drink!! So needless to say, the tube ride to the airport was a little rough! But I survived and Becker made it to London!!!
Friday the Fam headed to Windsor castle and then stopped by the apartment for some cards that night. Saturday was the Fam's last day in London and it was spent at Covent Garden looking for some penguins for Kathy to buy (you're welcome Sliz and Shadders!!). She did find a few cute ones! Abby will be pleased!!
After Covent Gardens the Fam was off to the airport for their next adventure in Dublin.
Sunday Becker, Tanya, Teresa and I went to have some Sunday Roast at The York pub near our place and then to Oxford Street for some last minute shopping and then to a little theater for a show called The Murder Game. It was a pretty good show. I have heard that the Fam did the hop on/hop off bus tour in Dublin and thought it was interesting! I'm sure we'll all see the pics on Sandy's facebook shortly!
Becker and I headed to bed early on Sunday night because we had to get up at 2am so that Becker could catch his bus to the airport. He is spending today (Monday) in Dublin with the Fam. Their plans are to head to the Guinness Factory and I believe that is about it!! The Fam leaves Dublin for the USA on Tuesday and Becker is heading back to London also on that day. The Fam did not plan their trip too well. They are leaving Dublin on Saint Patrick's Day rather than staying there to celebrate with the locals!! Very unfortunate!
But its fine with me that they're leaving tomorrow, because I'm excited for Becker to come back. It was sad to have to say goodbye to him again! I finally saw him again and then he left :( But I can only blame myself for him going to Dublin. I bought him the tickets!! Thought he would have more fun there, rather than sitting around in London while I'm at work. But at least this time its only 2 days that we'll be apart rather than 3 months!!
Vocational Training Ideas in high school setting
-
Vocation/Jobs and job training is very important to our high school age
students with disabilities. Some of the best experiences can come from in
your own ...
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment