Saturday, May 2, 2009

1st Week

One week of classes down, 3 more to go until break! Not that I'm counting down or anything!

This week was a pretty rough one. It was really hard to get back into classes and also to have class from 9am-12pm and then again from 2pm-5pm. But what is great is that Mountbatten takes us out to lunch everyday!! And some of the places are really nice. Now I know where my $20,000 worth of tuition goes!

The classes that I have for this first session are:

Political and Economic Development in Asia
Operations and Supply Chain Management
Research Methods
and a CAPSIM business simulation game

Political and Economic Development is a little boring, Operations is a little interesting and the Research class is way easy because I've already done the research for my paper, so I pretty much have all of the assigments completed!

Becker left this Tuesday and it made me sad :( But at least he's not too far away like he was when I was in London. He had his first aid class on Wednesday and started his Emergency First Response class on Thursday. I guess these classes are quite a bit of work and he says that he is exhausted by the end of the day. Sunday he finished the EFR course and then on Monday he gets an orientation for the Divemaster course. He's really excited for that! I'm really excited for 2 1/2 weeks, which is when he's coming back to Bangkok!!

Today I did a bit of sightseeing around Bangkok with Carmen, Candace and Teresa. We went to the Grand Palace and it was hot, hot, hot. But the palace was amazing! Lots of shiny decorations and an emerald Buddha! Tomorrow I have a group meeting at 11am and then the rest of the day will probably be dedicated to more reading and working on my paper. fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment