Only 4 more days left of class for the 1st session!!!!!!!!! These last 3 weeks have been pretty hectic with classes, papers, presentations and field trips. But its almost over and then I have a month off!
Last weekend we had a field trip to Kanachanburi(just outside of Bangkok)and to a polyester factory. The bus took off from Bangkok on Friday morning. The 1st stop was a buddhist temple which was very pretty. Then it was a few hours of traffic before arriving a our hotel. After a quick lunch we headed to an elephant park where we got to go on elephant rides. So much fun! A little bumpy, but still fun! After elephant rides we had a lecture which was centered around thinking positive while the world is throwing negativity your way. It was a great lecture. It revived my positive thinking and made me happier! Screw you economic crisis! You're not going to beat me!
Anyways. After our uplifting lecture was a dinner cruise filled with good thai dishes and some dancing. Upon completion of the cruise all of us MBAers decided that what we really needed was a dip in the hotel's beautiful pool. So that's where we headed! The rest of the night was spent swimming and playing some water b-ball. At midnight when we were kicked out of the pool I was thoroughly exhausted! A few hours of playing water b-ball and having to tread water because I'm short (thanks mom!) proved to be very tiring!
The next day we took a train ride and then visited a polyester factory (the actual reason for our field trip!). It was pretty interesting. Did you know that polyester is made by mixing chemicals until they turn into litte crystals, then melting the crystals, then cooling them and turning it into thread? I didn't, but now I do! Can't say I didn't learn anything in Thailand!
Not only have these last few weeks been busy for me, but Becker has also been very busy. He has been taking as many tests as I have been writing papers and has been assisting open water dives and working on his diving skills.
He is really tired and thinks he has an eye infection, so is looking forward to heading back to Bangkok this Saturday. I'm really looking forward to seeing him again!
Then I only have one more week until break! I'm so excited that I only have to sit through 15 more hours of lectures and then 9 hours worth of group and individual presenations. Can't wait for Thursday at 5pm when I'm FREE!!!
Shortly after I gain my freedom, cousin Laura, Becker's sister Kolleen and her friend Susan will arrive in Bangkok. They'll be in Asia for 10 days of smoggy Bangkok and beautiful beaches! Exciting :)
Vocational Training Ideas in high school setting
-
Vocation/Jobs and job training is very important to our high school age
students with disabilities. Some of the best experiences can come from in
your own ...
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment