Thursday, April 10, 2008

Almost Friday!

CONGRATULATIONS Justin and Bonnie for the birth of your beautiful baby girl Adelyn!!!

I love coming home to a clean apartment!!! We have a cleaning lady! It's awesome!!!

Anyways. Last Sunday the Olympic torch came through London. I thought about going to see it, but it was cold and snowy so I stayed at home. I was out for part of the day and saw a bunch of "Free Tibet" signs, so I feel as if I was part of it anyways! Some of the other interns went and said that they couldn't really even see the torch and that the torch wasn't lit. Apparently someone put it out with a fire extinguisher. So I don't feel like I really missed anything.

Tuesday night I went to the show Wicked. It was WONDERFUL!!! It's the wicked witch of the west from the Wizard of Oz's story. It was great. I would go and see it again if I wasn't on an intern's salary!!

The exciting part of my week happened today. I got all the information about the Africa Safari that I am going to go on between London and Thailand. The tour I'm taking is from March 26 - March 31,2009 and the description is here: http://www.acacia-africa.com/HolidayDetails.aspx?tc=SAI6&ProductID=7 I contacted the tourist agency about group discounts and they'll give us 10% off for booking 6 months in advance if we have 9 or below, 15% off if we can get 10-19 people and 25% off if we get 20 or more people. I have sent the info out to all the March Mountbatten interns. I haven't gotten too many responses yet; however, I know that lots of people are interested. So far we have 5 who have committed. I plan on calling airlines next to see if we can get discounted group tickets. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!! Anyone want to join?!

Other than that, not too much has happened. Right now I'm sitting in my apartment watching Harry Potter 5 and cooking dinner. This weekend we have class. Unit Two - Team Building. Should be a breeze. Have lots of experience with team building from playing hockey!!

The building where I work is in Harry Potter 5!!!!! Awesome! It's when they're flying to London to "save" Sirius.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, sounds like you are having so much fun. We still miss you!

    ReplyDelete