Thursday, April 3, 2008

Sick :(

So I'm getting sick :( I have a sore throat and am starting to get a stuffy nose and such. It's no fun.

So work was pretty lame this week. I spent two days doing absolutely NOTHING. I changed from the control team to the projects team thinking that I would be busier, but actually doing work only lasted about a day. Then I started to get ignored again. Today was a little better. I was given some stuff to do and one of the members of my team actually took the time to explain, BR, the system that our area uses. Hopefully it gets better. If not, I might move companies. Candace works at Deutsche Bank and apparently her boss is looking for another Mountbatten Intern to help them out. So if it still stays unbelievable slow for me at Cantor Fitzgerald then I'm going to talk to Mountbatten to see if I could move to Deutsche Bank. Deutsche Bank would be nice to work at because then I could walk to work. It's about a 20 minute walk, but then I could return my year tube pass and get lots of money back!

Well anyways. Enough complaining. This weekend I am going on a day trip to Leeds Castle, Canterbury Cathedral, and the Dover Cliffs. They all look really pretty.

I'm also going to Stockholm, Sweden the last weekend of April. I am going with two other interns, Nadine and Anna. We are probably going to stay at a hostel that use to be a prison and then there is an ice bar there. apparently its completely made of ice. It would be extra cool if you could also skate while there, but I don't think you can.

This weekend I am also planning on talking to travel agencies on Sunday to look into going on an Africa Safari. I was thinking about going on one for the two weeks that I have off between London and Thailand. I have mentioned it to a few other interns and they agreed that it would be awesome!!! Hopefully I can find one that is not too crazy expensive and one that allows us to fly from London -> Africa and then from Africa -> Bangkok. I'll let you know on Sunday what I find.

I bought tickets for the Lion King for when Becker is here. Hope he wants to go!!! I've always wanted to see it, so I guess if he doesn't want to go I'll just go on my own!!

Anyways, thats about it. Hope everyone is doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment