Friday, May 16, 2008

I Just Can't Wait to be King!

Becker and I just got back from the Lion King. It was a really cool show. Was a little disappointed that they didn't do the "I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts" or "Are you aching, yup yup yup, for some bacon, yup yup yup, you can be a big pig too, Oy!" I know some of you sang along, Cousin Jen!

It's great to have Becker here! I have next week off so we're going to hang around London and then head to Ireland.

I'm going to have Becker write a few words here, but first I have to tell you about my Wednesday night.

Becker came on Thursday morning and I was planning on cleaning the room and stuff Wednesday night, but Aaron called me at work and asked if I wanted to go to a show. He was feeling the need to get some culture in. I couldn't resist! He found a show called God of Carnage. It was hilarious and the best part about it was that Ralph Fiennes was in it. He's in a bunch of movies, most recently he was in "In Bruges" a very entertaining movie. He is also in Harry Potter. He is He Who Must Not be Named (aka Voldemort)!!! We waited for him after the show and he came out and signed autographs. I touched his hand and got a picture!!!! I'll put it up once I get it from Aaron. It was the coolest!!!!!! :)

Well anyways, here's Becker:

So I've been here for two days now and she isn't sick of me yet so that's a good thing! Thank god Sarah was waiting for me at the airport or I don't know if I would have made it to her place. The tube is an awfully busy, confusing place at 7:30 in the morning. After a short nap Mike(Tanya's friend) and I, followed Tanya's well detailed map to the building she works in and were able to go up to her floor and see her office and the view of London. Quite spectacular. There was not a single cubicle in the office, kinda wierd, it's just wide open with a bunch of desks pushed together. After that we went to a pub for a couple pints and then went and met up with Sarah for a drink at a different pub. The next morning Sarah got up a little late and had to rush out to work (I had to meet Anna downstairs at 8:10 to bring her to Canary Wharf, Tanya woke me up at 8:05!! Opps), so I slept in a little later, 1:00. After a shower I walked around her place a little bit and of course had to stop in for a bite to eat at the worst place ever, McDonalds. Around 5:30 Tanya took me to a tube station and gave me a piece of paper with the stops I needed to make and told me "good luck". Well I must have had a little luck because I made it to where I needed to meet Sarah. We grabbed some fish and chips and a pint at a pub then headed on to the Lion King. This was the first show I have ever been to and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. And now it is almost time for bed. Another ten days of this fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment