The last week of work went by pretty fast. Only four days, so that could be why! Not much really happened during the week.
Oh wait, there is a new bus that goes from Old Street (tube station near by apartment) to Canary Wharf (where I work). I now don't have to take two hot, crowded, and smelly tubes to work everyday. It takes a little longer, so I have to leave my apartment about 10 minutes earlier, but its not crowded at all, I don't have to transfer, and its not hot and smelly. I also get to sit on top of the double decker, in the front, and pretend that I am driving! Because of this I was able to get a refund on my year long tube pass (752.50 pounds back onto my credit card!!! awesome). Now for the bus I'll only be spending 36 pounds a month rather than 80 pounds. Hell yeah!
Saturday I went to see the Sex and the City movie. It was soooo cute! All about love :( made me miss Becker. During the previews of the movie the cutest commercial was played. I found it on YouTube. Check it out:
It made me giggle!
The new mayor of London (Boris Johnson) decided to make drinking on the tube illegal. Starting today, you can get a ticket if you have an open container on the tube. To "celebrate" this new law, the Londoners decided to have a party on the circle line!! It was CRAZY! Of course I had to go and check it out. There were a ton of drunk people crammed into all the trains on the circle line. At one point everyone started to chant, Boris is a wanker and some also sang the British national anthem. It was hilarious! Apparently 17 people got arrested (no, I am not writing this in jail!).
This weekend we had class. It was our last weekend for Units 1 & 2. I am officially done with Unit 2 (finished my paper early) and will be done with Unit 1 shortly (after I finish writing two papers :( ). Only 4 more units to go. Time is flying!
Vocational Training Ideas in high school setting
-
Vocation/Jobs and job training is very important to our high school age
students with disabilities. Some of the best experiences can come from in
your own ...
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment