Monday, September 1, 2008

The Day I Raced the World

So the 10K race last night kicked a**. It was awesome!! I was able to get into a zone and I finished in 1:02'21'' You can check out my results at the website below!

http://nikeplus.nike.com/nikeplus/humanrace/leaderboard.jsp

Just type in my name (Sarah Miller - in case you forgot!) and pick the London Sarah Miller (The Austin Sarah Miller beat me by about 4 minutes. Damn, if I would have known I would have run faster!!). It then shows a graph of my speed and my place in the race. I think there were about 472,422 runners and I was 103,151 overall. Not too horrible!

It was a very exciting race. We got to Wembley stadium around 5pm. The stadium is awesome. It's big and has an open roof. It got me very excited for watching Twins games in our soon to be coming open air stadium! There was a concert before the race (Pendulum and Moby) and then the race was on. The atmosphere was great! Tanya and I were in the 4th wave (the slow runners) and we exited the stadium around 8:30pm. It was raining (of course it's London!) for about 20 minutes while we were in the stadium, so by the time that we started the race we were thoroughly soaked, but it didn't stop us! It stopped raining shortly after the race started. The race was on and Tanya and I proceeded to kick it's a**. We both felt wonderful afterwards and I may just have to sign up for more races! Weird, I didn't even know that I enjoyed running!!

In further exciting news, I will be home in 3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments: