So this week has been a little crazy!
Since the collapse of Lehman Brothers on Sunday, work has been completely chaotic. Report after report has been requested regarding Lehman's revenue and debt. And through this I have realized that our information systems are crap! It is WAY too hard to get reliable data. Which is shitty when trying to get a Lehman's report to Upper Management, but it is good because it gives me lots to talk about for my next paper on managing information systems and how our company uses them. I can now say that the company I work for uses them very poorly!
But away from work now . . . .
Monday night I went to the show Rainman. Josh Hartnett and Adam Godley were the stars. Josh played Tom Cruise's character and Adam played Dustin Hoffman's character. The show was good, but the best part about it was that we (Tanya, Cecile, Aaron and I) got Josh's autograph afterwards. We waited by the stage door with lots of other screaming girls (no one was actually screaming, but it's more fun to say that!). I was jammed up right in the front row center. It was awesome. He is very good looking (but not as good looking as my lovely boyfriend Becker!!). And when he was handing back my ticket with his autograph he looked straight into my eyes! Dreamy!
Tuesday night I went to Brick Lane (street near Liverpool Station that has tons of Indian restaurants). I went there with 8 other interns. The best part about Brick Lane is that you get to haggle with the doormen for the price of your meal. The restaurant that we ended up eating at gave us a free round of drinks and 30% off our bill. So the total bill for 9 of us ended up being £70 (only about £8 per person). An unheard of amount for drinks, appetizers, and main meal anywhere in London! It was very scrumptious! I had chicken malayan, which is chicken and pineapples in a creamy sauce. Mmm mmm good!
In other news, mom and dad are coming tomorrow (with my newly fixed computer! excited). Their plane lands at 12:15pm. I am unable to take the day off in order to go and get them. I have given mom extensive details on how to get to my flat from the airport. Hopefully they make it!!! I'm looking forward to seeing them at my flat when I get home from work on Thursday night.
Their initial time in London will be unfortunately short. Our flight takes off for Salzburg at 6:30am (ewwww) on Friday morning. Mom, dad, and I have already been to Salzburg, so while our other four travel partners (Candace, Tanya, Mike, and Teresa) are touring around, we'll probably either be at the bar or napping!! Saturday will be Oktoberfest and then we'll be heading back to London on Sunday. I'm sure we'll have a wonderful time! Maybe I'll even let mom be a celebrity blogger on my blog to talk about her time in Salzburg, London, and at Oktoberfest. We'll see if she's nice to me!
Hello,
ReplyDeleteThis is random, I dont know if you will even get this comment...but I was interested in the Mountbatten program and wanted to ask you a few questions abour your experiences so far...
Thanks! :)
Jenny
my email: chingpsam@gmail.com
Sarah,
ReplyDeleteI am so jeolous that you got Josh Hartnett's autograph and had an intimate moment with him!!!
Sounds like grad school is going well but hard!! Just keep on going. Believe me when I say, you will graduate no matter how many times it seems like you won't!!
Love
Jo