MJ and Anne arrived safely on Wednesday and on Thursday and Friday while I was at work they did a Hop on Hop off bus tour of London and a Thames River cruise.
During the weekend MJ, Anne and I rented a car and drove out to Wales. The trip was good, minus all the driving/following directions part. That was VERY stressful for all. They don't really do a good job with labelling the streets and stuff. After picking up the car we headed out of London and then stopped at Windsor Castle. We toured there and then hopped back on the M4 for Cardiff. We got to Cardiff around 3:30pm and since the Castle closed at 4pm we decided to stop somewhere for a beer to de-stress! 4 rounds later we were looking for something to eat. We found Wagamama's (yummy Japanese noodle place) and it was wonderful! I'm craving it right now actually!! We got to bed pretty early on Saturday night and slept in until 10am! Crazy. We then headed to Cardiff Castle and took a really nice tour. Then we headed to Bath. MJ and Anne went through the Roman Baths and I went to the Disney Store (I had been to Bath a couple of weeks ago). At the Disney store I found some Donald Duck mugs for MJ and then headed to Starbucks to wait for their tour of the Roman Baths to end. We left Bath around 5:30pm and should have been back to the apartment around 7:30pm; however, there was an accident and it took us about 1 - 1 1/2 hours to drive about 10 miles. It was not fun. But all in all it was still a good weekend.
MJ and Anne brought the car back on Monday. They originally were going to take a day trip to Stonehenge, but after all the stress of driving through London this weekend, they decided that Stonehenge really isn't that cool!
Yesterday was back to work for me :( MJ and Anne spent the day walking around MJ's old haunts. Not sure what they're doing today. I just know that it was MJ's day to plan. She lost at Rock, Paper, Scissors!!
Vocational Training Ideas in high school setting
-
Vocation/Jobs and job training is very important to our high school age
students with disabilities. Some of the best experiences can come from in
your own ...
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment