Friday, January 30, 2009

Heading to Spain

So I am leaving for Barcelona tomorrow. I am excited!! I have been wanting to go to Spain since I studied abroad in Salzburg about 5 years ago (wow, putting a number on the years makes me feel old! Was it really that long ago?!). Now I am finally heading there. It better be as great as everyone says it is!! The only bad part about traveling to Spain this weekend is that I have to wake up at 4:30am tomorrow in order to get to the airport on time. :( So much for relaxing!!

Spain will add another number to my list of countries visited. Tanya (my roommate) told me that in order to be considered a true Globetrotter you have to have as many countries as years you have been alive. Since I'm 25, I need 25 countries. I will be 26 by the time that I leave Asia, so 26 is my goal!! Good thing there are lots of little Asian countries for me to hit up! Right now (counting Spain) I have 17. I will keep everyone up-to-date on my progress! Wish me luck!

This last week was exciting. Well not really overly exciting, but my group did present our business plan to the panel and did a decent job. We didn't put in enough effort to have done a wonderful job, but we passed and the panel liked our idea. We didn't win the £700 prize (£100 for each of us), but we really we're expecting to, so it wasn't too much of a dissappointment.

Speaking of dissappointments, I went to a Cardio Kick Boxing class last night and it was worthless! I'm pretty sure that I got more of a workout from the walk to the gym (about 30 mins each way) than I did in the actual class. I was looking forward to a kick ass Cardio Kick Boxing class like the one that I used to take on Saturday mornings at Life Time, but I was serverly let down. I barely broke a sweat. At the Life Time class it use to be a struggle to get to the first water break which was 20 minutes into the 60 minute class. Oh Brits and their lack of tough exercise!

But anyways. Back to the Business Plan. It is very exciting for it to be over, because now the real work for the London MBA is over with. I can now take a break! Well actually I'm not taking too much of a break because I want to have most of my final research paper done with before leaving London. The final research paper is our final big project for the whole MBA. We have to write a paper, minimum 35 pages, and defend our research in front of a panel. Scary!! I can't wait for that to be over with! Thailand is going to be really stressful to begin with. We have 4 weeks of classes for 3 classes, then a month off to do our research, then 4 more weeks of classes. So we are going to be moving at a very fast pace. Probably writing a couple of papers a week and/or presenting. Its might just be hell on earth! That is why I am trying to get as much of my research done as I can before leaving London. I don't want to have Becker travel all the way to Asia with me and then not be able to spend any time with him! That would just suck for the both of us!

Speaking of Becker . . . 6 weeks from today he'll be here!!!!!

And less than 6 weeks Mom, Dad, Auntie Kathy and Auntie Sandy will be here. That'll be fun and exciting!


No comments:

Post a Comment